Top VPN Providers 2020
We tested and compared the best VPN providers for you. A VPN will help you to:
- Protect your privacy and secure your data by hiding your IP address
- Enjoy secured, encrypted and private web browsing
- Worldwide access to content (Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO, torrenting, Kodi…) by bypassing geo blocking
- Get an ultra-high speed perfect for HD/4K broadcasting
Ultra-fast and secure all-round VPN. Excellent Full-HD/4K streaming and 24/7 live chat support.
- Get 2 free months
- Outstanding reliability with 12,400 + servers in 74 countries
- Up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Unlimited P2P/Torrenting
- Fast HD/4K streaming (Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO, Kodi, …)
- Simple installation and easy to use
- 82% of our users choose Private Internet Access
- From $2.75/month
- Up to 45-day money-back guarantee
- Over 7000 servers worldwide
- 24/7 support via email and chat
- Up to 7 devices simultaneously
- High secure VPN with OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP and 256-bit encryption protocols
- 5400+ Servers in 59 countries
- Military great security level
- High-speed, unlimited bandwidth
- Up to 6 devices simultaneously
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Fast and simple commissioning
- Runs on an unlimited number of devices and multiple platforms
- High speed
- Support only available via email and chat
- Website available in English only
- Own Netflix servers for better streaming
- Fast and easy installation
- Perfect security and anonymity
- Over 100 server locations
- Secure kill switch function
- Easy handling
- Unlimited P2P file sharing
- Few extra functions
- Not compatible with Linux
- Phone support only for premium subscription
- No DNS settings
- Servers in 190 countries all over the world
- Up to 5 devices at the same time
- Easy-to-use software and App
- 30 days free trial
- 24/7 Support via Live-Chat or E-Mail
- Technical problems in WLAN
- Strongly reduced speed of foreign servers
- 1700 servers all over the world
- Up to 3 devices at the same time
- Highest anonymity
- 30 days free trial
- P2P/Filesharing/Torrenting is possible
- Very expensive
- Partial blocking of websites & email providers
- For all platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android etc.
- Over 3600 servers in 74+ diﬀerent countries.
- 1 subscription gives access on an unlimited number of devices; 30 days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live chat support
- ZenMate never keeps records of users’ online activity (operating under a strict Zero Logs policy)
- 30 days free trial
- Very slow surfing speed
- Browser extension crashes
- Installation is easy and straightforward.
- Military-grade encryption
- Uninterrupted streaming solutions. Enjoy smooth online streaming services
- Strict no-logs policy, keeping no log of private user information
- Complete privacy and anonymity
- Free version
- Its network of servers is limited
- Premium plan offers the best speed and overall experience
- Customer support is only via email
- Servers in over 60 countries
- Powerful security features
- 24/7 e-mail support
- Many configuration possibilities for professionals
- P2P compatible
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Does not work with all streaming providers
- The software could be more intuitive to use
- Customer service only by e-mail
A virtual private network refers to a secure connection through which users can transmit and receive data over a public network. Connecting to the internet with your smartphone, tablet, or PC without a VPN exposes you to specific privacy and security risks. But VPNs offer online security and privacy.
Establishing a connection through a VPN first encrypts the packets of data to be sent even before the public network sees it. The encrypted data is transmitted to a VPN server, which in turn, forwards the data to the destination. The VPN server offers anonymity because it hides your IP address, with the transmission carrying its address instead. You can surf the internet from one country while your VPN indicates another location.
In today’s technologically advanced world, network security is of primary importance. A VPN can secure your online activities from infiltrators and spies. It can even do much more. Here are some benefits of the VPN:
● Security Enhancement
The primary purpose of the VPN is to be able to establish a secure connection free of hackers and spies. It keeps your private information, such as passwords, IP address, and even your financial information from intruders.
With the VPN, you can surf the internet freely while protecting your identity from exposure. Anonymity is vital even as you surf through websites and web apps. There are certain online activities (not fraudulent ones) we usually don’t want to be traced back to us.
● Remote Control and Access
You can use a VPN for a secure remote connection. It’s ideal for businesses because remote access enables their employees to work remotely.
● IP Change
You can keep your IP hidden as you surf the internet. This also allows you to connect to certain websites where IP addresses from some locations are blocked.
To set up a new VPN connection on your mobile or PC, here are steps to follow:
1. Find Trusted VPN Providers
If you’re new to VPNs, we recommend that you only use top trustworthy providers. We’ll advise that you opt for paid VPNs. However, the prices shouldn’t be outrageous. You can refer to our list for trustworthy providers who aren’t pricey.
2. Create an Account
For paid VPN, a provider may request you create an account through which you’ll make your purchase.
3. Download and Install the VPN Client on Your Device
You can visit your preferred provider’s page and download a VPN client matching your platform—Windows, iOS, or Android.
4. Sign in or Activate VPN
To activate premium service on the VPN, you may be required to sign in. Also, a paid VPN may request a serial number or license to activate it. And some providers offer free service for a limited period.
5. Set Up Other VPN Basics
The VPN usually begins work immediately after you sign in. However, you may need to make some necessary tweaks, such as deciding which country your IP address indicates.
The following are some primary differences between free and paid VPN
Running a reliable VPN service requires many additional services and functions which you quite frankly can’t get for free. This implies that the so-called free VPN is either not wholly free or is offering limited services with frail security. You may not be as completely secure as you think.
Free VPNs are known for their barrage of unrelenting ads, making every surfing experience more frustrating. This is a common issue because the VPN has to earn income to keep the service running. Putting up ads is one of the most popular ways these providers generate income.
● Connection Speed
Free VPNs usually suffer slow browsing speeds. Typically, these providers have very few servers and continue offering service to their multitude of customers from servers that are already overwhelmed. On the other hand, a paid VPN usually has multiple servers in different locations, offering customers premium surfing speeds.
● Extra Features
Besides essential VPN services, paid providers commonly offer additional fantastic features to bolster online security and user anonymity. But there’s a huge limit to what a free VPN can provide you.
You can use your VPN on any operating system, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. VPN clients are designed to suit different devices, such as laptops, desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
Our list here includes the best of quality VPN providers who’re market leaders. But there are many brands—enough to make the wrong choice. However, we compile reputable providers who have built a name through quality services to customers over the years.